Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

WIP - Crazy Quilt Square

It has been cold, windy and rainy today, but tonight I am snug and warm with my pretty tree and warm fire. I thought I would share a project I've been working on f-o-r-e-v-e-r...and it may take me that much more time to finish.  I'll just share one block tonight.  It's a crazy quilt block with embroidery and beads.


Typically this is what I do during the cold winter months while my garden sleeps.  But I'm slow and my interest moves in and out.  I have 6 blocks completed.  I was thinking of making a 9 X 9 wall hanging.  The stitches used are: french knots, herringbone, straight stitch, oyster stitch, detached chain, fly stitch, bullion, buttonhole, up and down buttonhole, buttonhole wheel, and palestrina stitch. I see that I need to add something on that small purple triangle in the top right corner! Funny what you miss until you upload a picture for the world to see!



5 comments:

  1. Come over to my blog - you have a prize - :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I've never seen anything like this with all the beading. It is beautiful and I can see why it takes so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie, No wonder that it has taken you awhile to do your quilt. So much intricate embroidery and beading! I completed a quilt years ago and have never got back to quilting. I asked Santa for a sewing machine for Christmas, so I may now finally get to quilting.
    P.S. I like what you did with your birdbath. I may have to add some evergreen boughs to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! What a wonderful and difficult needlework you do ... I've never seen before. If you have this as the winter do when the garden sleep ... I must admit I got a little dog just for this reason.Sorry for my english, I use Goggle translate ;-) Have a great week ahead, Karla.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, every piece is just so stunning. Love your designs.

    ReplyDelete