Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2012

WORK IN PROGRESS CRAZY QUILT

I have another crazy quilt square to share with you today.
 I started this one during the fall and was drawn to the colors of Autumn, unfortunately I can't seem to get the right colors in the photo.  The colors are much prettier in person, warmer.
Here are a few sections close up. 
The green thread is Up and Down Buttonhole. 
Quarter Buttonhole Wheel with beads and a small grouping of buttons
 The beautiful copper-ish brown fiber is a fiber I got in a swap.  It's a rayon ribbon and I love it.  It's holding down a brown ribbon and is decorated with small brown seed beads.  The stitch is Herringbone. To the right is a little spray of buttonhole flowers and stem stitch with little white seed beads scattered about.

 A row of  Cretan Stitch with a row of Herringbone in between.   The Herringbone is topped with three detached chain stitches. Each Cretan is topped with a green bead.


It's Spring now and my attention is drawn to the garden, so it looks like it will be a little longer before I finish my wall hanging, so close and yet, so far :)  I hope you like my crazy quilt squares.  Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've having a great Thursday!

3 comments:

  1. Leslie: Those quilt squares are so lovely. I have a piece of a crazy quilt that someone gave me many years ago. It is not a finished quilt but I have it over a chair and it's covered with cat hair, as is most items in my Cottage. It is not as elaborate as yours, but now I realize what work goes into putting one together, I will take better care of it. I can't imagine doing all those intricate stitches. They are so beautiful and I look forward to seeing more..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my this is so beautiful and wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovley Job :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    it is FUN :)
    WELCOME
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete