Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CHRISTMAS IS ALMOST HERE


Merry Christmas to you, I hope you are tieing the last ribbons on your packages and buying your last little stocking stuffers.  I am excited to  finally be at my last day of school tomorrow, the Christmas parties were today, which is seriously one of the worst days of the year for us in the office.

Here's a little Christmas cheer to brighten your day...


These are some vintage balls I've had for about 30 years.  They are very worn, but I like to think they are wearing their scratches and worn spots from being so well loved.  They are in a little compote wall arrangement  that previously was my sweet Mother's.  Don't you love to use the home decor items that your Mother treasured in her young married life?  She used to fill it with Magnolia leaves.  I miss her so much.  It's difficult for me to have the family get-together with my Dad, brothers and sister with Mom not there.  She's been gone for 4 years, but she had Alzheimers so was actually "gone" much longer it seems.

I hope you're having a lovely Tuesday.  I'm always so amazed by the talent out in Blogland.  You guys are truly awesome! So many wonderful decorators and crafters.  I'm almost in Inspiration Overload :)

2 comments:

  1. Leslie...

    You touched my heart with your words about your mom. We just found out today that my father has vascular dementia...a little bit different than Alzheimers but it is still the loss of memory for him. I love your worn Christmas ornaments...if they could talk the stories I am sure they could tell.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours...your mother is still there with you in all of your hearts...and she is smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, My mother-in-law has Alzheimers, so I feel your pain. It is a tough disease and I am sure it was not easy to watch your Mom's struggle with it.
    I have a few treasured pieces from both of my grandmothers and also a few pieces of china from my Mom. I think of each of them every time I use them.
    I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas! All the best for the new year!

    ReplyDelete