Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WIP - Another Crazy Quilt Square

Today I have another Crazy Quilt square to share with you today.  This is becoming such a long project.  I'm not always in the mood, but when I am I really enjoy it.  It's kind of messy - like me.  Thread everywhere, buttons, beads, needles (really have to be careful when you have a bunch of needles around, ya know?)  I'm forever walking around with thread hanging off of me, pieces floating down like fall leaves.  Little puddles here and there.  I'm sure Don hates to see the STUFF come out, knowing it will be a few weeks of Crazy Quilting Madness before the mood fades and I move on to something else.

Here is the whole block.  Lots of jewel tones.


This is the bottom right corner:


This little corner purple corner has herringbone with green beads added, fly stitch with some silk ribbon flowers, buttonhole wheels, french knots, woven webs and some detached chain.The little blue section has half buttonhole wheel with some vintage and new buttons and silver bugle beads.

Purple corner here has fly stitch with a little teddy bear button and other vintage and new buttons.  The reddish piece at the bottom is detached fly stitch with oyster stitch. The yellow section has long armed buttonhole with bugle beads. The lavender little triangle has detached chain in a rayon ribbon thread with some beads and a button


This green piece has crooked chain with detached chain and beads and a snake-y chain stitch with beads placed here and there.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like the quilt!  Happy Wednesday to you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so pretty! I love your colors and all your pretty stitches and touches!
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I'm not a quilter, but I know something very very pretty when I see it. THIS IS AMAZING!!
    I've never seen buttons on one before and all that beading. I can see how you could get lost in it all.
    WONDERFul.
    Love Claudie from Canada
    xooxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely lady.
    Your Quilter is Beautiful! I also love all the colors you have put together so pretty.
    I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape for Christmas.
    I hope you have a wonderful week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Leslie - I am so impressed! It looks like a ton of work in just one square. You are much more patient than I am. Of course, I LOVE the addition of the buttons!

    Thanks so much for visiting at Knick of Time - I'm glad to have you!

    I hope you'll link this up tonight at Knick of Time Tuesday.

    Blessings,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete