Total Pageviews

Monday, July 9, 2012

MY CRAZY QUILT PROGRESS

I have another crazy quilt square to share.  I think this is one of my favorites.  Unfortunately, I just can't get a very good picture of these. 

I completed this square during the time DH and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary and took a train from Atlanta to New Orleans.  I found a little train button to commemorate the trip.  
 A pretty piece of trim decorated with straight stitch and beads.
I was very happy with all of the stitching and beads and buttons on this piece.
 I love this piece of lace.  
 I like scrunching a ribbon and sprinkling beads 
 

It's gardening and swimming and tennis time now, not much stitching going on. But I do drag it all out and do a bit before my attention gets called away again.  Hopefully I'll get this done this winter.  I think I still have one that is at the bead and button stage, and one that hasn't had anything done.

No rain and the temps are close to 100. I've had the joyful access to a private swimming pool for the last ten days, but it all came to an end yesterday. I'm really going to miss that relaxing time in the pool! I hope you are having a great Monday.  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that is lovely..I adore crazy quilts...and yours is fabulous
    love the beads....It has been hot here too...today a wonderful break..80's! But I have so much to do I won't be able to go into the garden until this afternoon
    I wish I had a pool sometimes...even a lap pool....bet it was fun while it lasted....
    our neighbor had a duck swimming in his...poor thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be gorgeous when it's done. We can't seem to get a dry day or temps over 70F here in England. I'll try to send some of the cool and rain your way.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pics , your work is beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Leslie, wow, your quilt is gorgeous! I quilt, but my main hobby is counted cross-stitch. Thanks for stopping by my Christmas blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the crazy quilt square and the little train button is just perfect!! Thanks so much for stopping by, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two crazy quilts I inherited from my great grandmother. My question is how do I preserve them? - some of the material is disintegrating and tearing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Leslie. I'm so impressed with your work. Your are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete