Total Pageviews

Friday, July 6, 2012

FLASHBACK FRIDAY - 1973

1973

Yes-sir-ee, that's me on the right.  L-o-n-g hair, parted in the middle.  Bell bottoms, cigarette hovering close to the lips.  Look at the shoes my friend is wearing next to me, wouldn't they be stylish today?  We all smoked back then.  I quit in 1991, it was the same year I accepted Christ.  I know He helped me through the difficult time.  I don't think I could have done it otherwise.  We were gathering for my sister's wedding.  I think we had been to the rehearsal and Mom was having the rehearsal dinner at the house.Those are my dear sweet Grandmother's legs on the right. You can just see her stocking rolled down on the left leg.  Did your Grandmother do that?  I don't think she wore any kind of garter, just rolled them down. She was such a lovely lady.  I like taking little trips down memory lane.  Hope you do to!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile, remembering the 70's. I didn't have long hair, but wore the bell bottoms and I smoked back then too.
    Thanks for the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha love this...sorry I saw it so late...but I have been busy doing nothing...shame...anyway
    I was laughing when I saw you with the cig....and pants...ha ha
    my days were earlier..say 1967 by 73 I had a daughter...gosh Im old

    ReplyDelete