Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 27, 2012

VENI, VEDI, VICI

YES!! I came, I saw, I conquered! That is to say, I came out of my Lazy Boy (that's with a capital L),
I saw the tulips that I have neglected for weeks, and I conquered my sluggard ways and GOT OUT THERE AND PLANTED THEM! Yeah me! No rotting bulbs for me this year! I also planted  two shrubs and moved a few iris.  I need a few more bags of tulips to get the whole garden Spring-pretty ready. I also have some daffodils to plant, but I promise, I'll get to them!

 
All my awesome work was fueled by this delicious breakfast.
Ahh, Spring, I can't wait to see ya!
Cooler temperatures are moving in tonight. It's been a glorious day. The cloudy skies were a great backdrop for the autumn trees, their colors really standing out. DH treated me to a Mexican dinner after all my hard work in the garden, he's so dear. Hopefully after church tomorrow I'll be able to plant the daffs and another shrub. It's been a fabulous Saturday, how has your day been? Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. You are going to be so delighted next spring when those flowers bloom and thank yourself for being so industrious in the fall! And Mexican food after a hard day...your hubby is the greatest!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. It has snowed here, so I missed my bulb planting window. I really wanted to get some daffodils in too. Oh well, hopefully next year. Can't wait to see what it looks like in the spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your enthusiasm! Can't wait to see the results in the Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I envy you with all those bulbs! I love bulbs flowers...I have a small variety but plenty of Gladiolas if you'd like to trade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't it feel great to plant bulbs? This year I'm determined to get my paperwhites planted for some Christmas blooms. But you've motivated me! Please show us the finished work I'd love to see them as they grow.
    Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

    ReplyDelete