Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 4, 2012

LOST AND FOUND

Do you ever find things buried in chests or closets that you had forgotten about?  Here is a collection of 6 inch quilt squares I found recently. I had forgotten all about them.  This was a project I was doing when my children were very young (I'm sure you can date it by the fabrics!).  I can't even find the pattern/instructions. I think each corner was to have the fan and maybe there was a center with the fans because I have more than 4.  It was a combination of pieced blocks and appliqued blocks. 


 I really love the tiny triangles and squares in the pieced blocks, and the small  leaves and flowers of the applique. 




I wish I could find the desire to try to figure out how the blocks went together, and then do it.  I think it's probably a wall hanging.  Hopefully all the blocks are done because I have no idea where to go from here if they aren't!


  We're watching the Olympics, which I think have been fabulous! I"m going to really miss them when they're over.  Thank goodness it's only 2 years before the Winter Olympics ! I hope you are having a great Saturday. Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie: What a treat to find something buried and forgotten. If you don't want to put them together, I think they would make some really beautiful individually framed and matted pieces..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to find something you put so much work into! I hope you finish the project:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled because I do recognize some of these fabrics. I may have some exact pieces in my stash. ;-)
    You've done a lot of work on this. You must finish it. Even if you can't find the original pattern, you could make up one of your own. Your squares are lovely.
    Good luck with this.......Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like meeting up with a friend from the past. Make a wall hanging of them after you put them together. I'm crazy about the Olympics though I'm not an athlete. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the bonus of cleaning out. You find long ago forgotten treasures! Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, what a lot of wonderful quilt squares! It'll be nice to see what you do with them.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at it as an opportunity to create a new wall hanging. Forget the original pattern and just go for it. The squares are wonderful. Thanks so much for stopping in, Laura

    ReplyDelete