Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

IN THE GARDEN

How was your Easter?  We had a lovely day, which I'll post about on Tablescape Thursday.  Spring Break is over and it's back to work for me.  Busy, busy days, but I have a lovely garden to come home to each day.  It helps to have a retired husband who is helping in the watering chores!  Today when I got home and took my first trip around to see what's blooming here is what I found:

This  purple Iris was looking very pretty.  Do you see how that yellow Iris is bent over?  These have always done that and I don't know why.  None of my other Iris do that.


I love this Blue Moon Salvia with the pretty evergreen (not sure what it is, but it's new growth is yellow)
 This pretty Lilly came home with me from Home Depot the other day.  
 I love the yellow Iris with the purple Columbine.
  I finally found the plants I wanted for the urn.  This isn't a very good picture - wish I had deadheaded the Iris before I took out the camera!
I think the garden is looking pretty.  I finally have some grass growing!  I'm very excited about that!

I hope you've had a great Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. Your flower gardens are glorious! I love the purple iris best, it takes my breath away. Thanks for the garden tour. Hope you are having a great week.

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is quite lovely - love the blue and yellow contrasting colors - spring is so wonderful!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely garden. The columbines are very pretty!

    The grass is green and I could smell the fresh scent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures with this delicious flowers.
    Yes, glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredibly beautiful picture you show.
    Wishing you a good day.
    Hugs Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that purple columbine and the yellow iris! TOO PRETTY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers!
    Best wishes / Marika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leslie, Your spring garden is looking so pretty and is way ahead of mine. The mix of plants is really well done. How nice to have a hubby around to water it all!
    I moved all my overcrowded iris this spring (I figure this to be a case of short term pain for long term gain) so I have little hopes for a profusion of flowers. Next year hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is beautiful, and loving the purple iris in bloom. I am also a lover of purple and yellow - great combo. Thanks for stopping by my blog and liking my new cottage look. Your blog is cute.

    ReplyDelete