Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Garden News

I'm so excited to show you my "new" garden. After years of trying to get grass to grow, we finally decided to go a different route. Now we're all happy, because there is a reduced area to mow, and it honestly looks soooo much better.  Here is a before picture, red dirt in all it's ugliness...



And here are a few shots of after...



I am so excited about this. My dear, sweet husband did all this by himself. I have been sick all week and wouldn't even come outside until today! The pollen has been terrible this year, and I've really suffered. But I have my beautiful garden to make it not seem so awful!  Now he's nursing a sore back, but I gladly rub ointment on it, after all he's done for me this week!

I hope you're having a great Saturday, thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Leslie girl the transformation is absolutely gorgeous !
    It makes your garden look totally different in a beautiful way : )
    It reminds me of the gardens in Holland (although they never had that much space) .. I always loved the crunch of pea gravel under foot.
    You are way ahead of us in garden growth ... husband and I just did two days worth of cleaning up the gardens .. now the rain is coming for which I am grateful .. it has been so warm , the moisture will really push the growth up even faster.
    I love your little garden cart too!
    Wonderful before and after pictures : )
    Hope you are feeling better !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Leslie the pea gravel looks wonderful, what a great change! And I'm absolutely in love with the shape of your Virburnum opolus roseum. I have one of these too in my garden and love it, but it's not as full and pretty as yours. Thanks for stopping my blog this week and leaving such a nice comment! I always love to see long time garden blogging friends again :) Sending you happy May garden wishes, Carola

    ReplyDelete