Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sunny Saturday

One of the first things I notice as we drift towards Autumn is the change in light. Today I noticed these wonderful shadows on the little shed behind the garden.  I have had on my to-do list the painting of this shed. but it hasn't happened yet. Looks like I need to do a little clean up on the shed where the rain has caused quite a dirty mess!  Funny what you notice in photos but not when you're standing right in front of it!


It's been a lovely weekend, full of stitching and the beginning of some fall decorating. I'm trying to stay with the Christmas at Hawk Run Hollow cross stitch piece.  I have really enjoyed it, but I don't think I want to attempt another piece that takes a whole year to do.  I keep wanting to work on my crazy quilt, or make another quilt piece,  but know I've got to stay with the big project. I'm so afraid if I stop I won't pick it back up.  I'm terrible about stuff like that.

I hope you've had a lovely Saturday. Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I also notice the change in the light. I can feel fall in the air and I am waiting for the cooler days and nights.
    Have a great Sunday.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the light through the trees in autumn. That's one of the lovely things about the change in season - a chance to see things in another way as the light moves around.
    I'm a died-in-the-wool cross-stitcher and usually have a piece at hand as I watch TV

    ReplyDelete
  3. The light is definitely changing. We turn a lamp on in the mornings before getting out of bed now. I don't enjoy that part of the changing seasons, but the light slanting low through trees in the forest is beautiful. Good luck with your cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful late summer around your place. I just love downloading photos and finding something I hadn't noticed when I took the picture; it's like unwrapping a special gift.

    ReplyDelete