Total Pageviews

Monday, November 24, 2014

November





What a strange month November has been! Record breaking cold, then a week later, record breaking warmth! Crazy!  We had a lovely rainy day on Sunday, with a steady drizzle and even some thunder now and then. Seems like forever since we've had a good rain, months and months! We just missed a snow event, the cold was only a few hours away from the rain.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and I am ready and willing. Grocery shopping today so I'm all prepared. Can't wait to have those aromas spreading through the house. I love the smell of the onions and celery sauteing and pies cooking and turkey smoking! I figured out long ago to enjoy the preparations, because the actual eating is over in less than an hour! We are not a family that lingers over the table, so I try to make the leading-up-to a fun and enjoyable time. Of course we start the day off with the Macy's Parade! I love the marching bands and balloons. So fun!

Hope your week is going to be a good one! Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I've just finished my shopping today too. Today it was 72' in Baltimore.. on Wednesday they are calling for a few inches of snow. Crazy weather!! Your photos really capture the essence of November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live is such a gorgeous place!! Happy Thanksgiving to you.

    ReplyDelete