Total Pageviews

Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashback Friday


I love looking at old pictures and many years ago I had a blog that featured a Flashback Friday. It was such fun that I think I'll do it again on my new blog.

Here is one of my favorites for stirring memories:
Do you remember when grocery stores looked like this? I was always FASCINATED with the cash registers...all those buttons, be- still- my- heart! All I ever wanted as a child was to grow up to be a checkout girl. I had an early job in the 70's where I got to use one every now and then. It was heaven!! I just love everything about this picture; the check out girl wearing pearls, the pouffy hair, the newspaper sales page display, the cigarettes right there instead of being behind lock and key, and the weight scale, and who can forget BROWN BAGS!!. I'm not sure what the little brown thing is next to the scales. I think it might be the Green Stamps dispenser - what do you think?

Hope you've enjoyed this little trip down memory lane, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment